6/08/2008

OIL! or "I Drink Your Milkshake!"

The US produces 5 million barrels of oil per day. By God! That is a lot of oil to be sure! The thing is we consume over 20 million barrels a day. Just a bit more than 58% of our oil comes from imports and we are the #1 importing nation on the planet. Now, I am not standing on platitudes, arguing that we should or should not. I am presenting the facts. Only because I am interested and in a previous post I questioned the nature of gasoline use in our nation. I can't think of any way to change in other than to stop using so much oil. That is easier said than done considering the nature of our dispersed cities and the need to commute to work and the need to travel just about anywhere for getting just about anything done. 
I made this long-form photograph or short-film because I happened to be near an oil well and had been thinking so very much about all things oil of late. If nothing at all take a second to watch the one-minute piece and think about how much oil you use. What can be done do decrease our need? What can each of us do? Comments on the blog are always welcome. At least you don't have to drive anywhere to read this!

No comments: