6/23/2008

The Oilfield


The Oilfield
Originally uploaded by R Doyle Bowman
This is a Panorama stitching of several images I took over the weekend just north of Hominy, Oklahoma. It is just what it says it is: An Oilfield. It seems I spend a large portion of my weekend hiking through these places. At any rate, I had the good fortune to stay at the Hotel Phillips in Bartlesville this weekend. In the lobby there are a series of photographs of the town in its infancy which inspired me to create some "olden times" pictures, complete with sepia-tone and dodged lettering.
This was my first time to experiment with photo-merge in Photoshop. You can click on the image to go directly to the flickr post and see the original image. Just a note of caution, it is extremely large. I am happy with the way this turned out, although there is room for some tweaking. I hope you enjoy the image as much as I do.

No comments: