5/25/2008

A Horse...

This week I traveled to Morse, Texas. As an archaeologist I often run into strange places and interesting people. On this occasion I found myself in an open pasture digging holes into the ground. 
When I looked up from my notes a horse had wandered up behind me to check me out. She seemed rather inquisitive, probably hoping that I was there to bring her something to eat. At one point she tried to take a nibble on me.
I decided to take a photograph to remember the moment. It just reminds me that you never can tell what you will run into when you venture out into the world. Often I hear people talking about far off places and exotic cultures, which is all fine and well. I guess my point is that you don't have to range far away to have an experience you will remember, you just have to walk out the door...

No comments: